Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
At Matter Labs, we believe freedom drives progress and prosperity. We don’t see ourselves as a company, but as a team aligned around a single mission: to advance personal freedom for all (see ZK Credo).
To achieve this goal, we’re building zkSync — a credibly neutral, fully open source technology stack and network on top of Ethereum, which is owned and governed by its community. We use advanced cryptography called zero-knowledge proofs to scale Ethereum infinitely without compromising on security or decentralization. With a world-class team, a community of over 1M supporters across Twitter + Discord, and hundreds of millions $ in funding, we have abundant resources to accomplish the mission.
As an Android Developer, you'll be a key player in crafting cutting-edge mobile applications for our users. You'll contribute to the development and enhancement of our Android apps, ensuring a seamless and delightful user experience. Joining a dynamic and collaborative team, you'll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects that push the boundaries of web3 mobile technology.
You must be deeply technical, deeply curious, and willing to dive straight into code. Not everything will be perfectly explained or documented, but code is the source of truth and that’s where we spend our day-to-day.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and implement advanced features for our Android applications, ensuring high performance and responsiveness
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Debug and optimize code for robust, scalable, and maintainable applications
- Stay updated on the latest industry trends and incorporate best practices into development processes
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to create visually appealing and intuitive user interfaces
- Conduct code reviews and provide constructive feedback to maintain code quality
- Participate in the entire app development lifecycle, from concept to delivery
What We Look For in You
- Proven experience as an Android Developer, with a strong portfolio of published apps
- Proficiency in Java and Kotlin, along with a deep understanding of Android frameworks
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to backend services
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques and experience with profiling tools
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in mobile development
- A strong vision for where the industry is going, and staying on top of new technologies and stacks
- Passionate and familiar with dApp developers, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology
Working at Matter Labs
At Matter Labs, you have the freedom to work how you want, when you want, and from where you want. All positions are 100% remote (with optional travel to team and/or industry events). We operate in lean and nimble teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. We move fast. Only results matter. We will provide you with everything you need to learn, grow, and be productive.
Our results-only environment means anyone who believes in our mission can join us, regardless of background, sexual orientation, race, gender, and age. Both our team and community are made up of people from diverse backgrounds. That's why, out of politeness and respect, we refrain from opinions on politics, religion, or sex at the workplace.
We designed our culture around the tenants of freedom and ownership. This ethos will underpin our positive-sum community as we evolve toward full decentralization.
If this role resonates with you, apply now for prompt feedback.
Read more about working at Matter Labs here.
Important: We are remote-first, operating in the timezones between UTC-5 (Latam and Atlantic Coast) to UTC+7 (South-East Asia).
To all recruitment agencies: Matter Labs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Matter Labs employees, or any other organisation location. Matter Labs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Read our full policy here.