Customer Support Representative
Customer Support RepresentativeKotu, The Gambia • View all jobs
We're making Africa the first cashless continent.
In 2017, over half the population in Sub-Saharan Africa had no bank account. That's for good reason—the fees are too high, the closest branch can be miles away, and nobody takes cards. Without access to financial institutions, people are forced to keep their savings under the mattress. Small business owners rely on lenders who charge extortionate rates. Parents spend hours waiting in line to pay school fees in cash.
We're solving this by building financial services that just work: no account fees, instantly available, and accepted everywhere. In places where electricity, water and roads don't always work, you can still send money with Wave. In 2017, we launched a mobile app in Senegal for cash deposit, withdrawal, and peer-to-peer and business payments. Now, we have millions of users across six countries and are growing fast.
Our goal is to make Africa the first cashless continent and that's where you come in.....
How you'll help us achieve it
We’re looking for a customer support representative who is dynamic and excited about giving the best experience to customers. You'll be joining our customer service team as we rapidly scale our business in The Gambia.
In this role, you'll:
- Be responsible for responding to user questions and concerns.
- Represent Wave to our users through the call center.
- Make outgoing calls to customers.
- Answer incoming calls from customers.
- Conduct satisfaction surveys.
- Know how to report bugs to engineers and escalate when needed.
- Knowing how to follow a case until you find a solution.
- Coordinate with other department when Customers or Partners get in touch with you.
- Help or inform customer when they have issues.
- Location: Kotu, The Gambia.
- Contract Type: 6 month fixed term contract.
- Experience Level: Entry level.
- Our salaries are competitive and calculated using a transparent formula. We run performance reviews twice a year and award bonuses to strong performers who have been with the company for more than 6 months.
- We offer generous health insurance for yourself and your dependents.
- We help you live your fullest life now- we subsidize gym memberships and fitness classes.
- Airtime reimbursement.
- Free food and a beautiful office space
- Fluency in English and local languages
- At least one year's experience in a comparable position (Call center, Customer Service).
- A Bachelor's degree in Communication, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Being able to work at flexible schedules.
You might be a good fit if you
- Demonstrate tenacity and a willingness to go the distance to get something done
- A strong sense of responsibility and a good ability to take initiative
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination
- Are excessively detail oriented and seek to achieve excellence in everything you do
- Are client-oriented and have strong interpersonal skills
- Are a diplomatic speaker
- Have team work spirit
- Experience in a Customer Service (Mobile wallet or Customer Service Company) or management skills as an added value
- We have a rapidly growing in-country team in Senegal, Côte D'Ivoire, Mali, Burkina Faso, Gambia, and Uganda, plus remote team members spread across the world.
- We're deeply passionate about our mission of bringing radically affordable financial services to the people who need them most.
- We foster autonomy for our employees. You'll own your projects at every stage, from understanding the problem to monitoring your solution in production.
- We raised the largest Series A in Africa in 2021. Our world-class investors, include Founders Fund, Sequoia Heritage, Stripe, Ribbit Capital, Y Combinator, and Partech Africa.
- In 2022, we were on Y Combinator's top 50 companies by revenue.
How to apply
Fill out the form below, and upload a resume in English and a cover letter describing your interest in Wave and the role.
We review applications frequently and recommend that you apply to the role that most closely aligns with your skills, experience and career goals.
Wave is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.