Social Media Marketing Makeithappener
Learn.xyz is looking for an infinitely creative Social Media Manager to help us get the first million followers… Life-sized octopus costumes, anyone?
How could you not make this team TikTok famous? Join our fun startup and smoke those golf cart tires!
Do you have fun making people have fun? Are you a self-starter who can build massive audiences? Are you ready to go out there and produce insane content?
Sounds like we should “follow” each other!Your mission, should you choose to accept it
Join us to give TikTok and Instagram a run for their literal money! We are building an AI-power social learning platform, where people spend time every day - while feeling good about learning something new alongside their friends.
We just raised a seed round on the heels of strong early traction and are looking for our first marketing hire to get us from tens of thousands of lessons created per month to our first million.
⏩ APPLY HERE
👩💻 Your calling Social Media Manager
💸 Compensation Competitive salary for a startup… and option to get to FTE with generous early-stage equity
🌉 Location San Francisco (no remote)
🌉 Our early product Check out our app. People created 80k lessons since launch 🤯.What you’ll do
- Be the creative mind behind all our social media activities
- Create, produce, and post all social media content. Think of what Duolingo did with the owl. We have our own, much cuter “Lumi”, the octopus!
- Run around with a camera (and maybe an Octopus costume) every day to create engaging content
- Build out our social media channels into a growth engine for new users
- Define and work out collabs with influencers
- Competitive salaries for a seed company, and generous early-stage equity
- Work in the heart of the AI ecosystem - we are two blocks from OpenAI, which we regularly visit, and sit in the same space as 25 likeminded startups
- Health insurance and unlimited paid time off – we want you to be healthy and happy
- An actual, beautiful office in a great community space, where you are surrounded by smart and driven teams
- A really early foot in the door in a startup that is already backed by really awesome mission-driven investors like Blockchange, Coinbase Ventures, and Flori Ventures
- Have a history of growing social media accounts and creating viral content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (or can prompt ChatGPT to do it for you)
- Strong understanding of social media analytics and metrics
- Proficiency in tools like the Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or whatever supercharges you
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- You are thrilled about coming into the office and working closely with our tight-knit team, monitor to monitor
- We OBSESS over building amazing products
- Early stage startup with early product-market-fit: Over 80,000 lessons were created by users just since our recent launch
- We just raised a seed round from exciting folks like Blockchange Ventures, Flori Ventures, Earl Grey Capital, and Coinbase Ventures
- Our advisors and angel investors are C-level execs from major learning platforms and large social networks
- We are bringing the SF AI community together, organize events, and facilitate exchanges
Let’s take our time to get to know you - this is a huge leap of faith for you and us! But here’s the formal process:
- In-person (preferred) or video interview with Christian (co-founder and CEO) We’ll be looking for a good first vibe here - would we love to hang out with you, find you interesting, think you’d fit into the team.
- Lunch with Christian and Arndt (co-founder and CTO) Let the fun begin! You’ll have to pick a place and time, we just show up and pay. This will give us a really good first personal impression of you, the things you think and obsess over, and why you are interested in joining us.
- Video interview with Carmen (our designer and first hire) Carmen will want to know how you can work with design. It helps to bring examples of previous campaigns.
- Practical challenge (take-home) At this point, you are ready… for the big test. We’ll have a practical case for you… How will you approach this? What questions will you ask? This should not take more than a day of thinking on the side.
- Paid trial period (2 weeks) We’ll pay you as if you were fully employed, and you’ll become part of the team. Nothing beats actually working together… so why not just work together for a short period of time.
Not used to this process? Neither are we, but the first few hires are very special to us.How to get hired
We look for two things:
- You are an amazing person who fits into our super early-stage team
- You have the skills to completely blow things out of the water
You’ll fit right in if you are:
- Extremely curious. Everything you look at teases you with a secret.
- Like to laugh and are full of energy about the things that fascinate you
- Tenacious - determined to solve ANY problem
- Self-propelled and ask for forgiveness, not permission
- Humble - no BS, no overpromises
- Driven to create products people fall in deep love with
What we don’t care about
- Your GPA, if/where you graduated from, or what football team you love